Traffic ManagementWith rapid urbanization cities face problems of congestion. Congestion occurs when demand for road space exceeds supply. Besides space being the limited resource most of the time the reason for congestion is the poor allocation of resources and lack of management. Hence, not only to save resources but also to use available means/resources wisely, it is necessary assess the existing traffic management and suggest measures to improve the same.
Traffic management studies investigate the existing travel conditions, identify the constraints/problems, diagnose the same with the help of primary & secondary data relevant to the study & suggest mitigation measures according to the analysed results. Mitigation measures are suggested after comparing the impact on measures of effectiveness for the proposed scenario to that of the existing one.
DULT prepares traffic management studies on the request of stakeholders/ suo-moto for Bangalore as well as other cities/towns.
List of projects:
- Traffic Impact Study (TIS) - Traffic and Transit Management centre (TTMC) Jayanagar, Electronic city, Hebbal, Kathriguppe, Yelahanka, Udupi, Manipal , Malpe, BTM Layout, Kolar bus stand and Harihar bus stand
- Traffic Impact Study of special economic zone around Bangalore International Airport
- Redevelopment of Kalasipalyam Bus Stand
- Better Access to Majestic Area
- Traffic Management and Circulation study for Shantinagar Area
- Traffic Management Plan- Silk Board to Forum Mall
- Construction of private bus terminal at Manipal and Uduppi
- Parking action plan for zone- A in Bangalore and Indiranagar
- Construction of transfer station at Hebbal
- Junction design at Rani Chennamma circle, Hubli and Jubilee circle, Dharwad
- Traffic Management Study- Sadashivnagar and Bellary road, Jayadeva to Silk board, & Whitefield
- Enhancing traffic flow and easy congestion on three arterial roads(K.R Puram to Benniganahalli, Yeshwanthpura to Hesaraghatta Junction, Bannerghatta to Silkboard Junction)
- Pilot project on use of adaptive traffic control system for traffic management along outer ring road from Jayedeva to Silk Board, Bangalore