National Urban Transport PolicyThe Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India has come up with the “National Urban Transport Policy (NUTP)” approved on 4th April 2006. A key distinction of NUTP (Ministry of Urban Development, 2006) is on the notion of addressing mobility of ‘people’ over ‘vehicles’. Thus, the NUTP has the primary aim to ensure easily accessible, safe, affordable, quick, comfortable, reliable and sustainable mobility for all and thus outline the following objectives:
- Reduce the existing levels of congestion,
- Reduce the impact of motor vehicles on urban air pollution,
- Improve road safety, and
- Foster the use of sustainable technologies that minimize the consumption of imported fuels in urban transport and thus preserve the country’s energy security.
The National Urban Transport Policy (NUTP), 2006. Download here.
Comprehensive Traffic and Trasportation Study (CTTP) for BangaloreThe CTTP was entrusted to be carried out by RITES Ltd. and was commissioned by Karnataka Urban Infrastructure Development & Finance Corporation (KUID&FC), a Govt. of Karnataka undertaking.
RITES submitted the final report of CTTP during October 2007. The report can be downloaded here.
Policies and guidelines by DULT
- Guidelines for Road Safety Audit
- Guidelines for planning and implementation of pedestrian infrastructure
- Bangalore Mobility indicators 2011 & 2008
Standard designs by DULT for Non Motorised Transport and Public Transport infrastructureFor seeking funding from State Urban Transport Fund (SUTF) for NMT and PT infrastructure the following standard designs are recommended.
Links to Some Important Websites
- Hubli Dharwad-BRTS(HD-BRTS)
- Urban Development Department(UDD)
- Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited(BMRCL)
- Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike(BBMP)
- Bangalore Development Authority(BDA)
- Ministry of Urban Development(MoUD)
- Bangalore City Traffic Police(BTP)
- Bangalore Metropolitan Region Development Authority(BMRDA)
- Karnataka Urban Infrastructure Development & Finance Corporation(KUIDFC)
- Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation(BMTC)
- Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation(KSRTC)
- Bangalore Transport Information System